academics, as seen from vegreville. it can be cold here. and it is flat.

Email me

Previous Posts Site Feed

Links

What the hell have I been doing this (academic) year?

  • Manuscripts accepted: 2
  • Manuscripts under review: 1
  • Revise and resubmits to do: 3
  • Working papers: 3
  • New projects: 2
  • Conference presentations: 2
  • Seminars given: 1
  • PhD students in progress: 5
  • PhD students completed: 0
  • Other students supervised: 2
  • Courses taught: 0
  • Courses scheduled: 4
  • Referee reports to write: 2
  • Referee reports completed: 17
  • Committees: 3
  • Angry co-authors: 0
  • Angry students: ?

powered by Blogger

designed by mela and modified by vegreville


Creative Commons License
The contents of this web site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

It happens every year,

February is the month that I become overwhelmed. Classes are now in full swing; there are new PhD folders to read; there is a surge or reports to write, since people submit papers after the holidays; seminars are going strong; and committee meetings are starting up. The students are stressed as well. And yes, the weather sucks.

My office begins to resemble a war zone---coffee cups, napkins, newspapers, scrap paper, and piles. I have to spend a day just cleaning my office and my hard drive, because the mess causes me so much stress that I just stare at the walls.

But the spring is coming. The spring is coming.


link | posted by vegreville at 8:40 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?