What the hell have I been doing this (academic) year?
- Manuscripts accepted: 2
- Manuscripts under review: 1
- Revise and resubmits to do: 3
- Working papers: 3
- New projects: 2
- Conference presentations: 2
- Seminars given: 1
- PhD students in progress: 5
- PhD students completed: 0
- Other students supervised: 2
- Courses taught: 0
- Courses scheduled: 4
- Referee reports to write: 2
- Referee reports completed: 17
- Committees: 3
- Angry co-authors: 0
- Angry students: ?
powered by Blogger
designed by mela and modified by vegreville
The contents of this web site are licensed under a
Creative Commons License
Thursday, February 09, 2006
random writing quirks of mine
- I read a lot of papers with the words 'due to.' I always want to strike that out and replace it with 'because of.'
- With undergraduate papers, wide margins and big fonts are the norm. With bad papers, thin margins and tiny fonts are the norm, though thin and tiny are relative here.
- 'Therefore' and 'thus' are overused. Also 'Note that.'
- I tend to write in a boring and monotone way. All my sentences are the same length. Unless I am very careful.
- I am nervous of 'track changes.'
- I now wish that I had needed to do more writing in high school, college, and graduate school.
| posted by vegreville at 1:57 PM |
Want to ?
back to main page