academics, as seen from vegreville. it can be cold here. and it is flat.

Email me

Previous Posts Site Feed

Links

What the hell have I been doing this (academic) year?

  • Manuscripts accepted: 2
  • Manuscripts under review: 1
  • Revise and resubmits to do: 3
  • Working papers: 3
  • New projects: 2
  • Conference presentations: 2
  • Seminars given: 1
  • PhD students in progress: 5
  • PhD students completed: 0
  • Other students supervised: 2
  • Courses taught: 0
  • Courses scheduled: 4
  • Referee reports to write: 2
  • Referee reports completed: 17
  • Committees: 3
  • Angry co-authors: 0
  • Angry students: ?

powered by Blogger

designed by mela and modified by vegreville


Creative Commons License
The contents of this web site are licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Am I

the only person who does 'just in time' course preparation? When it works, it's like a well-oiled machine. When it doesn't, I am in panic mode. Each year, I promise to myself that I will do more stuff in the off-peak times. But when the time comes, I work on other stuff, instead. You would think I'd learn. But no. Not me. I must like this. I damn myself to hell each year.


link | posted by vegreville at 9:50 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger academic coach commented at 1:50 PM~  

within reason, I think that it is smart to procrastinate about preparing to teach. Many people spend far too much time far too soon in advance.
Is there a balance between cutting it so close that you end up in panic mode and having it eat up your time unecessarily?

Want to Post a Comment?